Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beauty Review: Billy Jealousy Combination Code Face Moisturizer


First of all, this brand is supposed to be a "man brand"...but I think more women have tried it than men ;)  Combination Code is a moisturizer meant for the unfortunate souls who have combo skin: dry and oily. As one of these unfortunate souls, it's really important to me that my moisturizer doesn't have a greasy feeling to it, that it won't attack my sensitive skin, and that it doesn't exacerbate my already oily face.  This is the first moisturizer I've used that satisfies all three of those requirements. And it doesn't reek of herbs or perfume, yay!

I first received a sample of Combination Code about a year ago, and I got almost a week's use from the packet. It had a light, fresh smell to it, and had a texture that was like halfway between serum and lotion. (Because of this, it's not the most effective winter moisturizer.) It glided on my face, absorbed very quickly, and had an almost mattifying effect. My face felt moisturized, without the usual oily feeling! It was awesome, and well worth the price.

I immediately ordered the full size and have had it for a little over a year. I'm going to need to buy another one soon. It's an effective moisturizer for spring, summer, and fall, but during the winter it's not enough on its own. Because this is the first helpful moisturizer I've used aka I haven't had any bad reaction to it, instead of using another product, I simply apply two layers of it when the weather is cold, and that seems to be enough for my skin!

Lia's Rating: Remarkable!

No comments:

Post a Comment