Sunday, October 21, 2012

Quick Review: I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga




This was such a good book, I had to post at least a few sentences to rave about it! I Hunt Killers is unlike any other book I've read. Narration - I couldn't put the book down, that's how immersed I was in Jazz's broken mind. This POV was just brilliant. It was depressing and hopeful, factual and opinionated, humorous and dead serious (pardon the pun) all at the same time. Genre - You can't fit it into just one. Horror, thriller, comedy, self-discovery... this book was all of that and more. Characters? - A harmonious balance of quirky and realistic (although I'm not sure how "realistic" Jazz's crazy grandma is...) I had no trouble envisioning them as actual people dealing with real-life situations. Plot - The story was evenly-paced, and I felt a genuine sense of urgency alongside Jazz each time a new victim was discovered. I feel that the book ended at a perfect place, and I am so excited for the sequel Game, coming out April 2013! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment