Friday, February 8, 2013

Beauty Review: Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer

In a recent beauty haul, I received a sample of MUFE HD microperfecting primer in neutral (which is the clear one...its said to give your face "natural luminousity) and was super excited to try it. Why? Because I've been wearing foundation on-and-off for years, oblivious to the fact that I was walking around with "flaky foundation face." I would hastily swipe some moisturizer on, then apply my cheapo foundation and be on my way. Last year, I realized that I must have been doing something wrong, and thanks to the internet, I discovered the magic word: primer. I picked out some drugstore primer (something that mentioned "dewy skin" "shimmery moisture" blahblahblah) and proceeded to test it out for a week. Sure, it made my $5 foundation look great, but my face erupted in an awful breakout that took what felt like forever to clear up. I avoided primers like the plague for a few months, until I built up the courage to try again. This time, I used a high-end brand. Once again, great coverage, but with a breakout that could make your mirror explode.

 
 
So I'd basically sworn off primer forever for a while. Until I had the opportunity to sample this, this MIRACLE product. Reviews from acne-prone peeps were positive, so I eagerly awaited its arrival... 
 
*****THE ACTUAL REVIEW*****
 
Let me start with how the primer feels. It's very light, almost watery, and I can easily spread it on my face. It dries fast, so I don't have to wait long to apply foundation. It almost feels like a protective barrier between my skin and my foundation. It has a light scent that reminds me of my mom's oil of olay sensitive moisturizer (which I found pleasant!) No perfume-y or floral or fruity smells or anything.  As for packaging, I had a sample packet, but the regular size product comes in a pump dispenser. With this primer under it (and my moisturizer under that) my foundation looks awesome. No flakiness or weird, powdery splotches of discoloration...the foundation spreads evenly, and it buffs nicely at my jawline. (Note: I use a liquid foundation; not sure how a powder foundation would look over this primer.) I had, for the first time maybe EVER, a flawless finish. Even better than the flawless finish? I am happy to report that I am free of the dreaded post-new-product breakout :D    
 
There are quite a few other shades of this primer, with different purposes. Green to reduce redness, pink to brighten, etc., but I'm very pleased with the neutral "shade" and its results. I'm not a makeup expert, but apparently the primer works even better when using the same brand of foundation? Maybe I'll test out this theory in the near future... 
 
 
 
 
Lia's Rating: Loved it! (...so much that even the scary price won't keep me away.)
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment