Sunday, January 13, 2013

Quick Review: Exiled by J.R. Wagner


   To be brief (because this is a "quick review"...) I enjoyed Exiled and am excited for the next book in the series. It has a strong main character who's constantly struggling to overcome both physical obstacles and his own flaws, like guilt and anger. The supporting characters were good, not great; I say this because there wasn't a lot of dialogue between them! (I like to read about conversations and verbal interactions.) A few of them were endearingly kooky, which made for some laugh-out-loud moments. The plot was uneven at first, but after the first few chapters I was hooked. The "magic" in the book wasn't crazy and overwhelming. Lots of action, suspense, mystery...without a hormonally overloaded romance getting in the way of the story.  I had a few issues with the book, which I've seen mentioned by many other readers. I loved the flashbacks to past times, but they were out of order chronologically and it was confusing. James and Kilani's "thing" (or whatever you would call their relationship) was odd, with their age difference, but her relationship with Luno was even more odd to me. And there were some descriptions that just lost me; they were TOO detailed and I skipped over them.

Lia's Rating: Liked It

No comments:

Post a Comment